Wednesday, April 19, 2006

speaking of Eggs

I learned how to make quiche this weekend, its mighty good, and mighty easy. 

We had some steamed broccoli left over in the fridge and guests due to arrive soon. So I perused 'The Internets' compared recipes, and came to the conclusion that I will NEVER buy pre-made quiche again. 

All you need is a standard pie crust (NOT Graham Cracker), some eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg, and your filling of choice. Throw it together and cook in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. VOILA 

Tonight I took the last of the steamed broccoli (it was a BIG head of broccoli) ran it through the food processor. Pulled two eggs and a cup of milk out of the fridge. Grabbed the last few slices of sliced ham lunch meat and diced it. 

Put the chopped broccoli in the bottom of the crust, sprinkled a bit of kosher salt, nutmeg,garlic powder and my favorite addition to eggs Garam Masala. Put the ham next and a handful of shredded cheddar then poured the egg/milk mixture over the top. 

This all went into the oven and baked for about 45 minutes, when it came out it was still a bit jiggly in the middle, but the carryover heat quickly took care of that. 

Thumper was sound asleep, but Cub ate a huge piece and stole my crust. I believe Quiche is a new dinner standard in this house. 


Dave ... 

No comments: